Tips for Riding a Bike in Summer in India
In India, riding a bike in the summer can be challenging because of the heat and humidity, which can occasionally be dangerous. However, you may have a safe and pleasurable trip if you take the appropriate measures and safeguards. Here are some suggestions for biking in India throughout the summer:
- Stay Hydrated: Riding in the summer heat can cause dehydration, which can lead to fatigue and other health problems. Make sure to drink plenty of water before and during the ride to stay hydrated.
- Wear Proper Riding Gear: It is essential to wear proper riding gear to protect yourself from the sun and heat. Invest in a good quality helmet, riding jacket, gloves, and boots that offer adequate ventilation and protection.
- Carry Extra Water and Tools: Carry extra water, tools, and spare parts to handle any emergencies that may arise during the ride. A punctured tire or a broken chain can happen anytime, so it’s always better to be prepared.
- Check Your Bike: Before starting your ride, make sure to check your bike for any issues, such as low tire pressure, faulty brakes, or loose bolts. A well-maintained bike can help you avoid any breakdowns during the ride.
- Take Frequent Breaks: Taking frequent breaks can help you stay fresh and alert during the ride. Stop for water and refreshments every hour or so to avoid exhaustion.
- Protect Yourself from the Sun: Wear a sunscreen lotion to protect your skin from the harmful UV rays of the sun. Also, wear a cap or a bandana to shield your face and neck from the sun.