Explore South India’s scenic road on Bike from Chennai
South India provides a wide range of possibilities for adventure vacations for bike enthusiasts. The capital of Tamil Nadu, Chennai, is a great place for bikers to begin their exploration of the area’s natural beauty and rich cultural diversity.
Here are the top 5 places to travel by bike from Chennai:
- Mahabalipuram: This seaside town, which is only one hour’s drive from Chennai, is well-known for its UNESCO World Heritage Site temples and rock-cut sculptures. The picturesque East Coast Road is a favourite travel destination for bike riders since it provides breathtaking vistas of the Bay of Bengal.
- Pondicherry: Once a French colony, this little beach town now features a distinctive fusion of French and Indian cultures. Bike tours along the scenic East Coast Road will take you past pristine beaches, verdant forests, and charming fishing communities.
- Kodaikanal: This hill town in the Western Ghats is a paradise for environment enthusiasts. For bike riders, the twisting roads up to Kodaikanal are a pleasure since they provide sweeping views of the hills and valleys. The town itself is renowned for its stunning waterfalls, lakes, and hiking routes.
- Ooty: Located in the Nilgiri Hills, Ooty is another well-known hill resort in South India. The drive from Chennai to Ooty is beautiful and offers several attractive lookout locations. Visitors can see Ooty’s tea estates, botanical gardens, and colonial-era buildings once they arrive.
- Munnar: A region of Kerala’s Western Ghats known for its foggy hills and tea plantations. The trip from Chennai to Munnar is beautiful and offers breathtaking vistas of the Western Ghats. Visitors can ride bicycles through the tea plantations and the nearby hills after they get to Munnar.